Re: [OM] PEN Half Frame Processing

Subject: Re: [OM] PEN Half Frame Processing
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:51:47 +0200
Hi,

This is my experience with all kinds of film processing and the following
cutting process: Many of my shots (35mm full frame) are with an almost black
background, so I tell the lab person to leave the film uncut. For two reasons:
first, I don't want the automatic machines to spoil my concert negatives;
second, the labs usually cut the film into strips with 4 frames each. This is
not compatible with my scanning and storing. The Acer ScanWit takes 6 frames at
one time, and the acetate film storage pockets also take 7 strips of 6 frames
each, allowing to have one film in one pocket sheet.

I use two labs: One pro lab for the more elaborate work and slides. They
develop in a dipping tank and generally leave the film uncut, delivered in a
single acetate hose. The second lab is the 1 hr. lab around the corner. They
know me by name and always ask whether the film is to be cut or not (I guess
they will stop asking soon).

Interesting: Leaving the film uncut does not cost extra. They actually should
charge less, as they save time for the cutting (even if it is done by a
machine) and the bag. They return the film uncut in a film cannister.

Regards

Bernd M.