Re: [OM] Om content

Subject: Re: [OM] Om content
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:39:54 -0500
Smitty,

TOPE is "Themed Olympus Photo Exhibition".  See this link:
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/gallery.html

You'll also want to know about the eSIF at:
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif.htm  It's our bible.  Check out the links
page there for many more useful OM links.

As for a Shift lens, it is also known as a perspective control lens.
Olympus makes two:

The 35/2.8: http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/lensgroup/35mmf28s.htm

and the fabulously expensive 24/3.5
http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/lensgroup/24mmf35.htm

I can't explain them well, but in a nutshell, if you are shooting a tall
building from the ground, the building will be wider at the bottom than the
top, quite visibly.  With a shift lens, you can literally 'shift' the front
of the lens up to correct the distortion.  Sort of like climbing a very tall
ladder without moving.

Others will jump in with better explanations.

Oh yes, Welcome to the list -- home of the 'enablers'.

Tom
King of the enablers