(Fwd) Re: [OM] New York :(

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM] New York :(
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 07:59:21 +0000

From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] New York :(
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:45:18 +0200

Yo,

on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:16:45 +0200, Olaf Greve wrote:

>Jesus!
>
>I just heard the news... I hope none of the NY based people on the list =
are
>injured, and that matters will not completely get out of hand.
>
>My sympathies to all the injured/dead, this is a black day indeed. :(

Exactly my feelings. I was at a customer's when we got the news, just =
came back an hour ago. All afternoon my mind tried to tell me that this =
couldn't be reality, that it must be something taken from a Tom Clancy
novel. Made=
few phone calls right when I got home and fortunately was able to confirm
that none of my friends in the region have been harmed, and I sure hope =
that no list members have come to harm either. When I think af all the =
victims, when I see the TV pictures of people in despair jumping out of
windows = over 400 meters high, I can't feel anything but unmeasurable pity
- and cold = rage at the terrorists. May those responsible, who, as far as
I'm concerned, can not be regarded = as members of the human race, be found
soon, and justice served to them.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--