Re: [OM] Making money with the Zuiko Shift?

Subject: Re: [OM] Making money with the Zuiko Shift?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:32:11 -0700
I'm sure there's a market for it. Walk round the various real-estate agents and show them what you've done thus far and price your work accordingly. That's how everyone starts out.

Tris

I just got off the phone with my mom, we had a very
interesting conversatin to say the least... In late
August my family and I went down to the Jersey Shore
for a couple of days to stay at a friend of my
brother's family beach house. This was a free 4 day
stay for what is normally 500-1000 dollars a week.
They own several other properties down there and are
renovating one and they wanted to get some pics of the
house before it was torn up and redone. They also
wanted pics of another property that had just been
finished. I took my new Zuiko shift down and shot a
couple rolls of all the angles and perspectives and
gave the pics to them, they were very impressed. Well
in this conversation I found out that my pics had been
looked at by the architecht and the real estate people
and they were also impressed. They were so impressed
that they are using my pics instead of having to go
out and take pictures themselves (they asked how I was
able to get these photos since they had never seen the
kind of perspective the shift gives) anyway I found
out that in using my photos, they had saved the
architect over $250 in pro photography fees. The real
estate agent was even better. Some of the photos were
really spectacular from a, "lease the apartments for a
lot of money since the house looks so nice." point of
view and our friends are planning on raising the rent
by $100 a week next year because they are sure it will
sell out! Anyway I was wondering if there is any sort
of market in this or I just got lucky (No I'm not
getting paid but this'll sure get us in for next
year's summer vacation :) It would be great if I could
make back some of the money I shucked out for the
Shift.

Mark Lloyd