RE: [OM] Advice on what to carry

Subject: RE: [OM] Advice on what to carry
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:36:20 -0700
> ...In fact this has given the inspiration to want to get out there and use my
> OM equipment a bit more, especially the more newly acquired bits of it!  One
> "new" item is a Lowepro micro trekker backpack which, on first "trial",
> would appear to be big enough for 2 bodies and somewhere between 5 and 7
> lenses (at a push).  The question is - which bodies and which lenses?
> I intend to put the equipment in my car every day and stop en-route when I
> see anything "interesting" on the 30 mile drive to/from work....

David, I do what you're planing and it's nice to be ready with the
camera rather than 'Dohhh, why didn't I bring the camera''. I sure was
glad to have the camera bag when the whales came by a few weeks ago.  I
have a mini trekker and even with that it would be hard to get two
bodies and two large lenses like both the 300 and a large zoom without
sacrificing something else. So for me it's an either/or. I like the 300
so the zoom stays home.  But then i carry way too many on the short end
for what I use. Seems like from the car or at work I use the longer
stuff mostly but that may depend on your work. I gotta rethink my kit
for a trip to eastern Oregon next week. Anyway, how about OM4Ti mounted
to 300 or 65-200, 50macro, 21 mounted to OM1 and stored on it's back??

mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West