[OM] Blues Fest Photos

Subject: [OM] Blues Fest Photos
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:30:17 -0700
Here are some of the photos from the B.B.King Blues Fest from a few
weeks back.
I was supposed to be shooting for John Hiatt but my credentials didn't
get turned in on time. Couldn't get in touch with the tour manager by
cellphone, managed to walk right on in with my camera and since it was
general admission took a seat on the 3rd row right of center stage and
took about 160 frames of color and B&W. As it would happen BB was the
last on stage and the lighting was just terrible. I managed to get about
a half a roll of decent shots and when I got the negs back the developer
had scratched most of them beyond use. The first picture on the BB page
is the best of the scratched negs.
And that doesn't make me want to go digital. I talked to another
photographer from the local paper who had 2 Nik*n D1's with long and
medium telephoto lenses mounted. When I asked about the two bodies his
reply was "No lens changes outside unless absolutely
necessary". Major problem with dust in the digitals.

http://www.ilikeitout.com/JH/index.htm

http://www.ilikeitout.com/BG/index.htm

http://www.ilikeitout.com/BB/index.htm

later,