[OM] Conversion-Auto Connector 3 into 4

Subject: [OM] Conversion-Auto Connector 3 into 4
From: Faisal Khan <om40pc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 05:55:40 +0100 (BST)
Hello Everyone

Yesterday i bought a TTL cord 5m and an auto connector
for 2n. I searched hard for the TTL autoconnector 4
but it was not available so i got the connector 3 with
a view to modify it to fit my camera.

I have opened its top cover and there is a simple
small circuit board with three wires. This means two
of the pins in the socket are vacant.

I think following has to be done:

1.  Replace the existing single pin at the bottom with
two pins (thinking to get the job done by paper pins).

2.  Add a small wire connecting the circuit board with
the additional second pin.

Now can i get some guidance on the following:

1. Which side the existing single pin should go
....left or right, if viewed from rear?

2. where to connect the additional pin on the circuit
board? (there are two points vacant)

3. I spent only an hour on it, and only removed the
top cover, How can I dismantle it further....take out
the socket and circuit board?

4. Any suggestion, what to use, to make the second pin
at the bottom

5. Is it easy?  :)

Thanks