Re: [OM] OM mount IS body

Subject: Re: [OM] OM mount IS body
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 06:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
>> Has anybody looked into the possibilities of hacking a
>> busted IS-1,2,3 to an OM mount?  I'm thinking dremel tool
time
>> here.

> Why ?  What are the advantages ?

Program exposure modes, double-exposure, faster flash sync
speed, spot meter, decent winder with auto load and rewind, good
ergonomics, bright viewfinder, date-back (optional),
in-viewfinder digital exposure readings, smooth and quiet
shutter, film ISO sensing... Need I go on?

Obviously, there would be a loss of many features--especially
those that get distance information from the autofocus
mechanism, but even if half of the features stayed active, this
could have been our OM-6.

I REALLY like my IS-3.  I had an IS-1 previously (stolen).  The
gripes I have with the IS-3 are the lack of interchangable
lenses, wonky manual focusing and no OTF metering.  I would love
to mount a real macro lens on this camera or a slightly brighter
lens (2.8) to get nicer bokeh.  Otherwise, this camera rocks.

An alternative, I guess, would be to get that Zuiko-Canon
adapter that will allow me to mount OM lenses on the EOS body.
However, even the thought of an EOS body makes my wrists hurt.

Besides, Canon lenses don't have silver-noses.

kn