Re: [OM] OM2S (OM2-SP) shutter not firing but able to wind on - Known Pr

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2S (OM2-SP) shutter not firing but able to wind on - Known Problem? is it the interlock?
From: Frank Sweeting <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 22:34:04 +0100
Clint,
Your suggestion seems to be quite likely

I've checked further & this is the situation. Using winder 2 on single shot,
the shutter doesn't fire in Auto or Program but when the OM-2s is set to
Manual/Spot the shutter does fire

Does that still fit your MD switch grounding fault suggestion?

Presume the MD switch is in the camera, & not in the Winder

So is the cure a small amount of dismantling, & a simple soldering job?
How do you get to the switch & circuit board?
Maybe if its a little tricky the quick & dirty fix is just to not use the
Winder - make slipping in the batteries when you want to use the camera that
much quicker as well!
'Please reply off list if you think this thread wouldn't interest other
zuikoholics
TIA
Frank Sweeting

frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx