Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2 Question
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:44:45 +0200
: I have a new (used) MD-2 and have a quick question: What does the reset
: button do?  On mine it does not seem to do anything and the manual on
e-SIF
: does not explain the function. I would guess that it is supposed to reset
: the film frame counter, but it does not do that on mine. Any information
: would be very helpful.

The right button (set) is used to set the number of remaining frames
(typically 37~40 with an unexposed 35mm film of 36 exposures, depending on
you loading technique). The left button (reset) will reset the counter to
the last value you selected with the set button. Try this (without film or
with a dummy film): use the set button to set the counter to 37, shoot a
couple of frames (the counter value decreases), then press the reset button.
The counter is set back to 37. This can be used when you put the MD on
another body already loaded with a fresh roll of film.

hnz