Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm Zuiko 4.5 Lens
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:04:13 EDT
imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

At 19:26 +1000 3/9/01, Damon Wood wrote:
>Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this lens

I have a 300/4.5.  Got it from Tom Scales.  I have used it in a way that
might seem strange, but it produced some beautiful shots, ie. telephoto shots
of large floral blooms.  I have also used a 14mm extension tube with it.
Allows relatively close focus and makes the background totally go away.  The
images are rather flat ( the photos are 2 dimensional, not the colors) and I
am working on manipulation in PhotoShop to make what will look like a
Japanese rice paper painting.  So, do you need this lens?  Of course, who
knows what obscure use you may come up with that only it (in your personal
efforts) will do.

Dave Dougherty