Re: [OM] S Zuiko 100~200 f/5 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] S Zuiko 100~200 f/5 Question
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:02:43 -0500

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:56:24 -0500
From: clintonr

This is quite normal for this model -- that, and the zoom tends to slip when
you point it downwards.  The rollers wear out, but they are no longer
available. We've experimented with adapting parts from another lens to correct
this....

Normal WEAR? Would this suggest that, even though the lens appears to be in mint condition, it actually has a lots of use, or are the internal parts of this lens less rugged than other Zuiko designs (given that it is a S Zuiko)? I do notice a slight change in the drag of the barrel at either end of the zoom range, but the focus is smooth throughout.