Re: [OM] Olympus Eyeflex ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Eyeflex ?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:24:17 -0700
I discovered an Olympus camera I had never heard of before in the Dutch
VisionAge nr.16 which I acquired recently: the Olympus Eyeflex (1958) in an
article about the Camera Museum in Tokio. It looks like it's based on the
Baby Rolleiflex 44 for 4x4cm film, with a built-in selenium cell for auto
exposure, also supporting manual exposure. After blowing up the scan I can
decipher it has a 60mm/F2.8 lens (the widest aperture can be read on the
aperture scale); shutter speeds B, 1-1/500.

The camera does not appear in my Dutch Cibaf sales catalogue. Does anyone
know more? Has this camera ever been put into production, and if so, maybe
not available worldwide?

I've uploaded the scan:

http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/camhistory/eyeflex.jpg

hnz

That is really interesting.  Biggest selenium cell I every saw on a camera.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California