[OM] Fw: Olympus-S - can you help?

Subject: [OM] Fw: Olympus-S - can you help?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:54:00 +0200
Someone sent me this message. Did the 35 SII 1.8 have a built-in meter? I
thought the Olympus Auto was the first Olympus camera to have that.

hnz

: I recently inherited an older Olympus rangefinder camera, model
"Olympus-S"  It
: has a Zuiko f/1.8 42mm lens and a CdS light meter.  I have searched all
over
: the internet for information on this camera, and finally found your
wonderful
: history of Olympus cameras page
: (http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/camhistory/camhistory.htm).  Thank you
so
: much for being willing to share such a great resource.
:
: My question is, do you know what kind of battery I can use in this camera
: test the light meter?  It has a battery in it now, though that one has
probably
: been dead for many years.  The battery has a small metal ring around it.
It
: appears as if this ring may have been added to enable using more modern
: batteries - but that is only my guess.