Re: [OM] Random observations about my photo trek.

Subject: Re: [OM] Random observations about my photo trek.
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:57:11 +1000
snip

- The 2n is truly a classic camera.  Hadn't used a 2 in awhile, having been
using the 4T.  That's going to change. The 2 just fits in my hands so
perfectly -- like they were designed together. What an engineering and
design triumph.

snip

Tom, I couldn't agree more. After I got my first 4Ti, my 1n and 2n were relegated to backup bodies for years, and saw little use. About 2 years ago, I used my 1n and 2n again as my main bodies for a week of shooting while on holidays, and was instantly in love again.

I had really forgotten how marvelous they are.

Whilst the 4Ti metering system is phenomenal, I think that the feel and shape of the 1n and 2n, the way they fit into my hands, the feel of the wind mechanism, the balance, even the sound of the shutter just makes using them a pleasure. My 1n's and 2n's seem to have a soul that my 4Ti's just don't have.

It was like catching up with old friends that you haven't seen for a long time, or pulling on a pair of well-worn favourite jeans.

If I had to have just one body only it would still be a 4Ti, but for sentimental reasons and pure ergonomics the 1n and 2n give me much more pleasure.

Peter