Re: [OM] Any Vision Age Sets FS? Sorry to Ian Aston!

Subject: Re: [OM] Any Vision Age Sets FS? Sorry to Ian Aston!
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 07:16:54 +0100
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nonetheless Dave, it is a real pity that Olympus is not more supportive of the OM system.

Oh well ...

Chris

At 11:30 -0400 17/8/01, DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx wrote:
Chris Barker wrote:

<<
 It's true Dave.  There is very little space for storage (I visited in
 1998 to buy a Mint secondhand OM2N) and Ian isn't really an
 archivist.  He is the editor of the magazine and he runs the Olympus
 Camera Club, probably on a shoestring from Olympus UK.
 He is a nice enough chap, but he obviously does not get enough
 resources or staff to do the collecting thing. I blame Olympus, we
 normally do ;-).
 Chris

 At 19:57 -0400 16/08/01, I wrote:
 >Yes, well I can say that his reply to me a couple of months ago regarding
old
 >brochures was basically:
 >
 ><< Sorry, unable to assist with this request.  Space, especially storage
 >space, >is at a premium and we can't keep everything.
 >Thx,   Ian Aston, Olympus User Magazine. >> >>

Apologies to Ian Aston then. My fault! So there you go. I interpreted his
e-mail to me as a bit terse; maybe it was just _true_!

Another little example of misinterpreting e-mails from someone at a distance.

I will stand corrected.

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/

--