[OM] Enlarger recommendations

Subject: [OM] Enlarger recommendations
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 13:01:49 -0000
I'm not sure I agree with the suggestion to get a colour head. I started out
with a (I think) Omega B2 or B600 or something like that - which has a nice
condensor head. After a couple of years I upgraded it to a Cxx (i.e., added
a colour head). The colour head has a diffusior (sp) head. As a result things
like scratches don't show up but the overall image is less crisp (I think the
difference is the condensor aims the light straight through the negative while
the colour head scatters the light so it strikes at all angles.

Personally, for b&w I prefered a high quality condensor head.

Btw the Omega while an inexpensive enlarger was really great. I think I paid
around $119 for mine (but that was 20 years ago).

Alan