Re: [OM] Good websites for New people?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good websites for New people?
From: Acer V <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:33:38 -0700
8/15/01 4:18:51 PM, "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 03:27 8/16/01, Dan wrote:
>
>>I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to some good websites for info on
>>photography. I'm so lost when reading posts.. LOL.. I'd like to know the
>>terminology  and what does what.. IE aperature settings and the like. If it
>>helps any i have an  OM10
>>Thanks!
>>
>>-Dan
>
>For general photography:
>
>**The** photography site on the WWW is http://www.photo.net/
>Others good ones include:
<snip>

oh come, now, if someone asked ME the question i'd direct them to photo.net
yes, but i think John is being humble. HIS site is a wealth of info, the only
one i've come
across that does both the "art" and "science" bits together (to use John's own
words), and not only that, you get right there an example so you KNOW what he's
talking about. Kudos to him for such a fine site, and for always taking the
time to clearly explain in plenty of details (both onlist and off).

/Acer "OM-1n"  V
--
dum spiro, spero
note new email address & webpage location