Re: [OM] Perhaps time to make this a closed list? [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] Perhaps time to make this a closed list? [OT]
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:50:22 +0200
Let's back up a little. This guy obviously knows how to push the right buttons. I've been on the list for a year and a half--short time by some standards. I've met a lot of wonderful people, and I've never seen an uproar like this. I've put Oben (and Dave Degenerate) on my filtered list, but the angry responses to him (including mine, sad to say) have been almost as troublesome and time consuming. I agree with them, but we need to get on with business and ignore the guy. It's apparent that our reactions are just what he wants. I empathize with your frustration, Jim, but this is an aberration on this list, caused by a person with malice in his heart, and if we can just filter, ignore, whatever, it will go away. Personally, I think the guy's sick; that doesn't mean we have to let him infect us all.
John

Well spoken, John.
Henrik Dahl