Re: [OM] 35/2 SC or is it MC

Subject: Re: [OM] 35/2 SC or is it MC
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:28:53 -0700
Hi Dave D.:

<< Apparently I have a SC variant as it does not exhibit the
characteristic green reflection from within when I shine a flash light
into it.  Serial No. is 150875 "made in Japan".  Still makes beautiful,
sharp, contrasty photos.  So do I "need" a MC 35/2? >>

Did you check the multicoating list before posting?  There is no such
thing as a single coated 35mm f/2.  You have an early multicoated
version.

The one tested by Popular Photography is the one without the MC in the
name (i.e., the leter "green" multicoating). It is anyones guess what
the earlier version would test at, but I wouldn't bet on test
equipment/methodology being able to detect much difference.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV