Re: [OM] Edge Blackening? -- was OM Lenses.

Subject: Re: [OM] Edge Blackening? -- was OM Lenses.
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:24:02 EDT
Hi Gary,

     You raise some rather profound points--is it possible to retro-blacken
ANY (or even most lenses) via a competent repairman? I recall that the OM
35F2.0 is a fairly complex (although very similar to other makes) with an 8
element and 6(?) group construction, and if edge blackening had a dramatic or
even perceptible impact, wouldn't Olympus blacken ALL OM lenses past a
certain point? Was this something they gradually (over months or years) put
into universal production--as in MC?

    Also, may I ask exactly which projector lens you modified?

Alex