[OM] I'm Baaaaack and other tidbits from the digest

Subject: [OM] I'm Baaaaack and other tidbits from the digest
From: Acer V <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:09:07 -0700
hmm, i've been having trouble with operamail for a few weeks now, last week
being almost impossible to connect and d/l mails....and starting thu/fri it
went down
(officially) for upgrades, and i JUST got back (tue evening). appears incoming
msgs were bounced to poor Giles, who then did me the favour and switched me to
digest.

anyway, download a !!!!load of mails, i looked thru a digest and some comments
(i can't wait to read ALL of them, take tooooo long, and i have to go to the
redlands bowl
performance soon)

CONGRATS to Olafo! re. film, i saw NPZ (Fuji Press 800), i would say try NGH II
800 instead. more expensive (here anyway) but very fine grained for it's speed
(RMS of
5, vs 4 for NPC160 and NPH400). dont forget some very elegant shots can be had
with highspeed B/W a la P3200 (i've even seen it pushed to 6400 very nicely).

bunch of astrophotogs here... who shot the perseids? my shots (if i'm lucky to
get any on film) come back tomorrow... i saw a HUGE fireball at 0245PST (give
or take a
minute). anyone else? it was heading SW, left a gorgeous smoke train. no, my
TWO cameras were pointing in OTHER portions of the sky :(((((

now to catch up on the rest

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero
note new email address & webpage location