Re: [OM] New "Guess the closing Bid" contest.

Subject: Re: [OM] New "Guess the closing Bid" contest.
From: "Mark Hammons" <astaire@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:56:19 -0500
Group,

Just had a point of confusion with one of the list members of the rules
imposed in the Guess the closing Bid contest.

I asked the previous host Charles Packard what the rules are and I
thought I'd just post here a copy from Charles response to my
E-mail that explains the rules:

Mark Hammons

=========================

Mark,
The rules are pretty straight forward.
1) The entry closest to the final bid at the end of the auction without
going over the final bid wins.
2) If all the entries are higher than the final bid at the end of the
auction, then the entry closest to the final bid wins.
3) If no bids were placed on the item, then rules one and two apply to
the seller's opening price. (I ignore BIN prices)
4) If the seller enters no opening price and there are no bids placed,
then the host selects another auction for the contest.

In your example below the person who guessed $950.00 would win.

The host can select any item manufactured for the OM and Pen system.
Including third party lenses, P&S cameras, etc.
Generally speaking, the rarer, the weirder, the more fun.