[OM] Re: motor drives, models

Subject: [OM] Re: motor drives, models
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:04:13 -0500
First, on the subject of MD1/MD2, I'm glad to see that many of you have a
love affair with the MD1. I currently have 2, a big button one, and a later,
little button one. I would like to trade someone my little button MD1 and
some cash for an MD2. Contact me off list.

someone said:
> She don't look nuffink like that when she's slobbing around the office...
> somewhat sexless in fact.
and,someone else said:

Maybe "natural" pics
> (without the fancy clothes and heavy makeup) would be a pleasant change of
> pace for her, and easier for you (to breathe).

As some of you know, I do industrial work. I've done commercial and
industrial work for all my career, with one time out. So, my experience with
models has been somewhat limited. I know this: really good fashion models
look almost featureless without their makeup. This is part of what makes
them good models; they are like a blank canvas that is able to communicate
with a camera. Therefore, a shoot without makeup may produce scary results.

The other thing about models is that they cam be even more neurotic that
photographers or clarinet players. After all, their stock in trade is
something that is easy to loose. A shoot without hair, makeup, and clothes
may be the very worst thing they can imagine.

Also, models can be really difficult to deal with. Really, really, really
difficult.

On the other hand, some of you like shooting weddings, something that I
consider a little bit of Hell.

Bill Pearce