[OM] Interesting Day

Subject: [OM] Interesting Day
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:49:36 -0500
Zuiks,

Per the subject, I had an interesting day shooting 15 yr old model wannabes.

As you may know, my 15 yr old daughter is attending modeling school.  I shot
her portfolio. When the modeling crew at the school saw it, they were
excited as only those folks can get, and wanted me to shoot all of their
girls on a regular basis.  I went in today for a practice photo shoot
(practice for them AND me) with one of the classes.  Did quick outdoor
shoots with 15 students (1 boy, 14 girls). I dropped off and picked up the
prints & returned to the school.  Though I thought the shots were nothing
special, I had 4 parents approach me for full blown portfolios of their kids
and the school make me a firm offer to be their staff photographer.  Whew!
If nothing else, good for my ego!

The school has been using a Dallas photographer (4 hours away) for one day
every 6 weeks.  What they want from me is every Friday from 11:00 a.m.
through 6:00 p.m., shooting models for both practice and their portfolios.
The pay is pretty up there for this type of work, and I would be free to
conduct any "side" business with the models and their parents as I wished.
And they ALL want photographs and are definitely willing to pay for 'em.

Having three daughters, I found out this morning that I have no clue as to
how to shoot boys/men.  It *ain't* the same.

BTW, everything shot with an OM-4 & winder 2 & 85/2 & 55/1.2 on Portra NC.
Portra NC is the best-printing neg film I've ever used, though it scans
horribly flat.

Dave