[OM] Re: Sending Money to USA

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending Money to USA
From: Jim Liston <jliston@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:49:11 -0700
I had a similiar problem when trying to send money from the USA
to Germany. The seller preferred a bank transfer, but my bank charges
$15, which is too must for a $25 item. I offered a bank draft, but the
seller said his bank charges him $7 to deposit it. I finally discovered
Traveler's Express Money Orders, which are less than a $1.
These money orders have "International Money Order" stamped on them.
Traveler's Express has offices in the USA and overseas. I saw the
post from the gentleman from the UK, there are many Traveler's Express
agents in the UK. Go to www.travelersexpress.com and search under
Consumer Products for MoneyGram dealers. These dealers should
have Traveler's Express Money Orders.
At several US delears for Traveler's Express, I asked if they had
international
money orders, they said no. So, just ask for a plain money order. It
will
be accepted anywhere in the world.
regards,
Jim