[OM] OM-3Ti/medical equipment clarification

Subject: [OM] OM-3Ti/medical equipment clarification
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:18:26 -0400
My brother stopped by last night and we were discussing why he prefers the
OM-3Ti to shoot medical equipment.  The situation I had described where he
is on occasion asked not to use electronic cameras is in the *distinct*
minority.  There is another - more important -reason.

When shooting something like MRI machines, the magnetic fields thrown off
by the equipment are so intense that a camera with an electronic shutter
simply won't fire!  He says if you walk out of the room, the OM-2 or OM-4
camera will fire fine, but walk back in the room and they simply won't
fire.  Sometimes the meter won't even work.  Neat, huh?  That's why he
really likes the 3Ti for this type of job - he can usually meter the scene
through the multi-spot capabilities of the 3Ti and the camera will, of
course, fire every time.

He even says that he's encountered magnetic fields so intense at times that
the flash heads won't even go off!  I wonder how much he's scrambled his
brian shooting stuff like this.  If you knew my family, you'd understand
why we need every brain cell that we've got.

Steve Troy