[OM] Re: Tom sold me a turkey???

Subject: [OM] Re: Tom sold me a turkey???
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 20:00:04 -0400
>From: "Hans van Veluwen"
>
>The OM-3Ti is, unlike the OM-1, stuffed with electronics.

Not without batteries in it, it isn't! :-o

>I have a great
>offer for your brother: I'm willing to swap it against my OM-1. All
>mechanical, no electronics, feels even better than the OM-3Ti... ;)
>
>hnz

You're all heart.  How's the OM-1 meter work without electronics? <BG>

He already carries his OM-1 with the NPC Polaroid back installed (to dredge
up a prior thread).  The reason the 3Ti is preferred is that he doesn't
know what he's walking into until he gets there.  If he isn't told anything
about not using electronic cameras, he uses the normal 3Ti spot-metering
system; if he is told not to use electronic cameras, he takes the batteries
out and it's an OM-1 (method: use OM-1 w/Polaroid back to guesstimate
exposures, remove motor drive and batteries from 3Ti and bracket).  By
carrying two 3Ti's, it's like having two OM-4s and two OM-1s at the same
time.  Why 3Ti's and not 4Ti's?  In the 20 years he's been a pro, I've seen
him use the autoexposure mode of his OM-4's exactly twice.

Steve Troy
 p.s. - Hey Tom!  Any more "turkeys" like this you want to dump?