Re: [OM] Sigma 16mm f2.8 Fisheye

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma 16mm f2.8 Fisheye
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:55:31 +0000
Skip Williams wrote:

> >From Ebay, it looks like there are at least two versions,
> Sigma-Fisheye-Filtermatic, and Sigma-HQ-Filtermatic.  The HQ appears to be
> the later version.  Prices range from $195-320 with one not meeting reserve
> (but it's from a seller who typically sets high reserves).
>
> I found on-line new Sigma EX 16/2.8 AF's for $370.  So $320 seems high.
>
> Performance?  I'd expect pretty good results from Sigma, but not up to the
> Zuiko.  FYI, Sigma also has/had an 8mm fisheye in their line.

There was a MF 15/2.8 also, which is much more recent. It was
discontinued last year or so. I don't think Sigma makes any MF gear any
more. I have the old 18/2.8 with built-in filters. It's OK I guess.
Probably doesn't test well though. I'd rather have the Zuiko instead of
course.

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright