Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm f/2.5, 1:2, T-10, nice.

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm f/2.5, 1:2, T-10, nice.
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:17:02 EDT
John Duggan wrote:
<<  Jeff,
         I have the 55mm filter version.......It even fits the T10 ringflash
 and T28 maco flash ring. Lens is first class. It is not a zuiko - being a
 little on the large size ????_ But the results are first class!  Unless you
 really require 1 : 1 I would steer clear of the dedicated tube. It is a pain
 in the a***. >>

I have the same 90mm f/2.5 1:2 lens - 55mm filter thread version. It came in
a box with the 1:1 extension tube, which I have never used in over 6 years,
(laziness?) and a neat little water sprayer for spraying water droplets on
flowers! It came as a set just before the newer 1:1 version lens came out, at
an offer price. Very nice lens; I have always been pleased with photos from
it.

Ditto on the difficulty in using the Tamron 1:1 tube, with having to change
mounts etc. And I have used the T-10 ring flash 1 with it too recently - that
is a nice bonus being able to fit the T-10 easily to the 55mm filter thread.

Size-wise, it looks nearly twice as long as the 85/2 when on the camera.
Unlike the 85/2, you can't squeeze it into the OM-4Ti's camera case! I have
never seen a Zuiko 90/2 macro or 100/2 to compare it with those, but of
course it is much cheaper than the Zuikos.

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/