Re: [OM] 85/2 from Cretaceous. Faulty? Bokeh? Comments?

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 from Cretaceous. Faulty? Bokeh? Comments?
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:34:46 EDT
DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx writes:

> worth having a go
> with it before sending it back because it's an 85/2 in general?

I have never used a lens that focused beyond infinity.  But since one focuses
on the screen in the camera, does this flaw in the lens make any difference
in the real world?  Mainly I wondered if the 85/2 you have might exhibit some
interesting characteristics that are different than the beautiful bokeh and
overall fine images one can attain with a more "normal" 85/2.  This is a real
subjective area and I was mainly suggesting that the lens you have may prove
to be very useful.

Dave D