RE: [OM] Oh NO!

Subject: RE: [OM] Oh NO!
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:21:04 +0200
Dan,
I think it's only critical if you use a totally automated lab. The professional ones will take care of things like that if you ask them. I'd say make sure you do at least 2 extra exposures. I've done this some times (exchanging colour to B/W) and it always worked.

Henrik Dahl

 > Do neither!  Instead, make a note of the exposure number, then rewind the
 film but stop when it STARTS to get easy to wind and there is a quiet
sound
 of the film coming loose from the take up reel and slapping the back of
the > camera.  After you clean the camera, replace the film, use the fastest
 shutter setting, smallest aperture and keep the lens cap on while winding
 and "exposing" the film back to where it was before you took it out.  Add
 one exposure for safety so you don't get a double exposure by accident.

 I've wanted to do this sort of thing myself a few times (mainly when I want
to change to a different speed of film) but what I don't understand is how
you ensure that the positioning of frames doesn't change?

 I understand the way to take the film out and put it back in again -- but
say I've used 10 frames the first time, how do I make sure that the spacing
between frame 10 and 11 is the same as that between 9 and 10? If it's not
the same, won't this mess up the printing and end up with frames 11+ being
printed as half of frame 11 and half of frame 12?

 -- dan