[OM] Shipping oversized art / Bee question

Subject: [OM] Shipping oversized art / Bee question
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:04:59 -0500 (CDT)
Ob Zuiko note - the photographs in question were all made with
Olympus bodies and either Zuiko or Tokina lenses

I need to ship a very large (6' X 7' X 6") mounted and framed print
for an exhibition. Anyone have experience with UPS, FedEx, or USPS
with packages that size? Suggestions?

Also - for another exhibition, I need to shoot a model (the lovely
and talented Natalie) standing next to working bee hives. Although
she grew up with the bees and has no qualms about being in and
amongst the swarm, I have no such confidence. Just scouting the shot
from the safety of my car gave me the willies.

Anyone shot bees before? Suggestions? (and yes, I've already
considered piggy backing 2X adaptors on my 300/2.8, but the shot
really calls for a normal to wide focal length)
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co
http://www.beancotton.com