[OM] Re: 35-70 windfall/ 35-SPn

Subject: [OM] Re: 35-70 windfall/ 35-SPn
From: "Bachofen" <mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:03:33 -0500
Howdy all,
        I thought I'd report on what happened with my 35-70 f3.6, which was
supposed to be an f3.5-4.5.  I called the vendor and explained the situation,
telling them I felt guilty.  They said they didn't notice the error and
couldn't explain it.  They weren't missing an f3.6.  They told me to keep it,
and not feel guilty.  So I don't now.
        I have a 35-SPn, which is not different from a 35-SP except for the
battery check light, which is pretty much useless.  I love it.  It may seem
big, certainly compared to my XA, but I like the results.  It's the only camera
my wife would let me take to Disneyworld.  She wanted me to 'experience' the
vacation, not just photograph it.  In many ways I'm glad she did.  I really got
to know that camera.  Clint fixed the spot meter button on it, after I bought
it on E*ay.  Broken!  But that story is in the archives.  Thanks Clint.
Matt