Re: [OM] Pen FT - and big honking lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen FT - and big honking lenses
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:29:39 EDT
Skip Williams wrote:

<< But LOOK at the big honking FL on the 800: 1,154mm!  During the 70's there
were other 35mm SLR Mfgrs that brought out these big lenses in catadioptric
format.  I think I remember seeing Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Contax, and Minolta
all with an offering along the lines of a 1000/11 mirror lens. >>

Yeah, and didn't Minolta for one go for a 2000mm monster mirror? I mean
that's basically like a Celestron 8 inch f/10 astronomical telescope! I think
I saw one in Ja brochure in Jessops Leicester when I was trying out an XD-7
in 1982.

I don't know how the price compared to a Celestron 8, which would also take
eyepieces and have a finderscope and equatorial mount.

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/