Re: [OM] OM 21 3.5 [digest #2607]

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 21 3.5 [digest #2607]
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:28:52 EDT
"Workman, Mark" <mworkman@xxxxxxx> writes:

<< I would be grateful if anyone could tell me whether a 21mm f/3.5 not with
 serial number 107980 not marked MC is likely to be multicoated or not.
 Thanks. >>

Dear Mark,
Oh, no! Another 21/3.5!
Mine is 118444 and is multi-coated I think, but a bit later than yours.

Take a look at:
http://www.zuikoholic.com/lenscoatings.txt
and see what you think.
This page gives some examples of serial numbers and SC/MC evaluation, by
looking at the colours of the reflections from the lens elements.

Things seem to get a bit vague for this lens, right where your serial number
is!

I think that the consensus is if it says G.ZUIKO it will be SC and if it says
just ZUIKO it is a later version multi-coated lens, by which time they had
dropped the MC label from most or all lenses because they all were!

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/