[OM] Re: Mystery Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Mystery Lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:38:55 -0700
What is this lens? I know it's not a Pen FT lens. And it's not a LTM lens. The rear picture shows a bayonet mounting flange.

It is labeled Olympus OIC and MIOJ, putting it in the late 40's or early 50's.

Was Olympus making any bayonet cameras during that time? I'd have thought it might be an Ace lens, but they made only a 35/2.8 in a WA, and the Ace lenses had black focusing rings. This is obviously earlier. Maybe it's an Olympus lens made for an SLR like the Contarex/flex, LeicaFlex, etc.?

RARE Olympus 40cm 1:3.5 Lens Pen FT NR!
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1260173698

Skip

Mysterious! Both the lens and the message.

The pictures show what looks like a bayonet all right. I suspect it was made for another make of camera. Even Nikon did that during the occupation. There was no Leicaflex then. There was no M3 yet. Only Leica screw mounts. Pentax and Practica had screw mounts.I don't know about others. Could it be an auxiliary lens for a fixed lens camera like a folder or TLR?

This message came with no subject line and no [OM].  Software glitch?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California