Re: [OM] Om-1n / Om-1 Asa Dial

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-1n / Om-1 Asa Dial
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:33:06 -0400
If the knob is  "set" in the wrong position (some shops do that to correct
the meter) it also means that asa settings at each end will be unusable.
Depending on how far off the knob was turned to "adjust" the meter, atleast
asa 25 and 1600 will be  unusable.  Asa adjustment changes a cam position on
the top of the meter and there is a definite beginning and end to that cam.
If you go past the high end of the cam (asa 1600) it starts over again at
the asa 25 position.

With the asa number plate off, the proper dial position is either: tab slot
just a hair to the left of straight up is asa 400. The equivalent is:  one
click below the 3:00 position is asa 100.  Once that is set properly, the
meter accuracy is adjusted.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000