[OM] OTF metering vs Spot/Mem/ESP

Subject: [OM] OTF metering vs Spot/Mem/ESP
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:14:30 -0500
OK, let me know if I've got this straight....

If I choose to use spot metering on an OM-4T or an OM-2S, or the ESP mode on an OM-PC, or the Memo mode on an OM-4T, I no longer get 'real time' off the film metering; I get a computed and stored exposure collected before the shutter is released. The only way to get true OTF exposure control during the exposure with any of these cameras is to use the AUTO mode (with ESP turned off on the OM-PC), without any of the trick exposure compensation capabilities. As to the Program mode on the 2S and PC, I have almost no clue, though I think (if I understand the instruction books) I still get real time OTF exposure control....

Surely someone out there can confirm this or correct my misunderstanding! I searched the Digest Archives, but found no succinct answer.....

Thanx!

Curt