Re: [OM] (Fwd) New list for OM users

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) New list for OM users
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:47:19 -0400
This is the second split of the OM list in the short time I have been here
(and using OM system cameras for that matter). First it was the OM Trader on
Yahoo Groups that was formed after folks objected to the FS posts. Now it is
this other list for a purpose that is not quite clear to me. It seems like
every time someone gets upset, they take their marbles and play somewhere
else (childish reference intended). What's next - a list for only those who
want to discuss MC glass? I mean really those poor slobs who have SC optics
really should not participate in our list now should they? (OK, so it is a
bit extreme).

I really enjoy the dynamic of the list and read only what I want. I admit
there is a ton of material that flows through here. I have about 5,000
unread messages over the past few months that just don't interest me. So I
don't read them.

I understand it can be frustrating at times sorting through all of the
banter. Perhaps instead of constantly splitting the list, we could develop
and agree upon some nomenclature for the subject matter line in the
messages. This way FS, OT and other posts can be readily identified. Also,
the digest can be modified with a more distinct delimiter between messages
to facilitate better sorting. Anyone care to write a digest parsing program
to make it easier for the digest users?

I'm not sure I care to bounce back and forth between 3 lists. As it is, I
rarely check the OM Trader list, I have enough trouble keeping up with e*ay
and this list. And no, I'm not going to say (although tempted) "can't we all
just get along?".

Flame away if you like, but it seems pretty silly to me to storm away
without trying to solve the problem first.

Mike V. <><
(who is down off his soapbox and off checking the phase of the Moon)