Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!...people don't know what they are se

Subject: Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!...people don't know what they are selling
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:22:59 -0700
on 7/26/01 1:25 AM, Daan Kalmeijer at daan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> I've seen lots of lenses described as "Toshiba Skylight 1A 58mm" lens in
>> e*ay. I find that ignorant sellers are a good source of bargains, if you
> can
>> recognize from the picture what you're really looking at. I like to play
>> dumb in my querys to them, e.g. "Can you tell me all the words on the end
> of
>> the front?" Knowledgable sellers often have good items, but they don't let
>> them go cheaply...
>> --
>>
>> Jim Brokaw
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1255996735 , from the
> same seller as the "600/5.6" is about that stupid. This is where the
> description and the picture aren't really the same thing. What do you get
> when you bid on this item? The control grip, the control pack, the MD2? All
> of them?
>
> Pictures of Insects at:
> http://www.kalmeijer.net

They used the same picture on the separate listings for the control grip,
motor, and M15v pack... I find that a little mis-leading at the least. The
description doesn't specifically say anything but control grip, but neither
does it point out (as most usually do) "other <items> not included". This is
where a good 'dumb' question comes in handy.
--

Jim Brokaw