Re: [OM] OT crappie

Subject: Re: [OM] OT crappie
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
Very interesting twist of time-adjusted linguistics.

I recently looked through a 50 year old textbook on fish
management and the "proper" pronounciation rymed with "happy."
I know that up in Michigan we always said it that way.  Of
course we also have "two-tracks"...  BUT NO WARSHING-MACHINES!

I believe this might be another example of the evolution of the
lexicon.  Words change meaning, spelling and usage.  I think
this one is a result of some Methodists or Baptists wanting to
"clean" the language up some.  Yes, PC predates Berkeley.  In
fact, if Berkeley had gotten to it first, we would be calling
them "fresh water Dolphins" and they would be on the endangered
species list.  Or alternatively, "effluent collection and
disposal device fish".

How could you!  Eating those poor, defenseless, little fish.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.

REUNITE GONDWANA!!!!!