Re: [OM] Silver Noses on the Silvernoses esp. the 16mm f/3.5 silvernose.

Subject: Re: [OM] Silver Noses on the Silvernoses esp. the 16mm f/3.5 silvernose.
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:46:38 -0600
Having owned a couple of silver-nose lenses (85/2 and 200/4), I too
agree that the "silver-nose v.s. black-nose" thing is somewhat overrated.
 My silver-nose 200/4 is a marvelous little lens and has taken great
shots.

Perhaps coating is more important with wide-angle and normal lenses,
where the field of view is pretty wide, but for a telephoto, where the field
of view is narrow, if you're pointing it close enough to the sun to get
flare, you're probably risking damaging your eyes.

Just my personal opinion.  YMMV, of course.

Regards,

Chris

On 25 Jul 2001, at 20:03, Tom Scales wrote:

> Very nice. Personally, I like the Silvernose lenses.  Heck, I'm not good
> enough a photographer to worry about flare <g> and I think the problem is
> overrated.
>
> Being a salesman, I understand hype.
>
> Tom
>
> > Dear Tom and friends,
> >
> > After playing about with my 16/3.5 fisheye today, I suddenly noticed
> > after several hours a gleaming silver circle just in front of the
> > aperture ring.
> >
> > Looking at Tom's 16/3.5 on his Zuikoholic website, I can't tell whether
> the
> > 'silvernose' 16mm fisheyes have the silver nose right at the front end on
> the
> > front of the filter selector ring, or just behind the filter selector and
> in
> > front of the aperture ring.

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca