Re: [OM] in-between shutter speeds?

Subject: Re: [OM] in-between shutter speeds?
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:02:40 -0700
Michael:

Probably a question for the techs on the list, but I will give it a try.

I don't see how an OM-1(n) could have any in-between shutter speeds.  As
an all-mechanical camera, it seems that the escarpment mechanism would
have a fixed number of "slots".

An OM-2, OM-2n, OM-2S, OM-4, etc. have electronically controlled
shutter, and will produce an exact shutter speed.

As a practical matter, I wouldn't worry about it.  The latitude of most
film is such that it would mask the difference in exposure.  The shutter
of a Leica M3 is reputed to have an average variation in shutter speeds
between shots of 1/3 of a stop.

So, you really NEED a 2 or 4 body, for times when only 1/657 second will
do! <g>

Bill (The Enabler) Stanke