Re: [OM] Virus Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Virus Advice
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:59:24 -0600
'Bout a year ago, I helped a friend try and get F-Prot going.  Danged
thing kept crashing his system.  Install F-Prot, system hangs...
uninstall F-Prot, system works just fine.

YMMV, of course.

Regards,

Chris
(Who favors McAffee)

On 25 Jul 2001, at 12:13, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> A nephew just sent me this, which I thought was worth sharing:
>
> "Go to www.bootdisk.com and download an anti-virus program
> (for free) called F-Prot.  Install it on your hard drive.
> It's a great anti-virus program.
>
> "I never open an attachment from ANYONE unless I know who it's from.
> Haven't got a virus in all my years of computing!
> Better safe than sorry.
>
> "I also don't put a disk from
> another person/computer in my computer without first
> scanning for viruses.  I guess I'm a safety freak."
>
> Rich

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca