Re: [OM] [OT] Unreliable cars

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Unreliable cars
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:30:34 -0600
RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Ah...those comments about Lucas electrical components bring old memories
> to the fore. I once owned a little yellow Vauxhall. Cute little thing.
> Not much power, but great on a straight stretch of road. Great gas
> milage. The only problem was that my monthly repair bill inevitably
> exceeded my gasoline bill.

The Vauxhall I owned was the same...  everytime I drove it something
broke.  Finally, one day while driving on a country road at 60 mph, the
fan fell of and bored a nice, clean, perfectly-round hole through the
radiator.  Made one helluva noise when it happened, and the steam
pouring out from under the hood looked more like smoke, so we thought
the engine was on fire and made the speediest exit from a vehicle than
ever before (or since!).  Sold the damned car to my father-in-law who
dropped a too-tall-to-fit radiator out of a Datsun (?) into it, wired the hood
shut, and drove the evil thing for 'nuther year until the engine blew.

OM CONTENT:  None!  But, had I owned an OM then, I would've taken a
picture of that damned car, blown it up to 11x17, and thrown darts at it!
:-)

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca