Re: [OM] Film statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] Film statistics
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:41:58 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/01 11:05:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Just curious, but why would you say that photography was not a "serious"

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.  Of course photography was being done at
high levels prior to Tolstoy's time.  However, it was not a widespread medium
of expression available to the general public due both to it's relative
difficulty and expense.  Good photography is still difficult.  But it is not
very expensive in the great scheme of things unless you have large custom
prints made and use large format cameras in expensive studios.  This later
point is, to me, the crux.  We can produce beautiful work with very small and
relatively inexpensive equipment.  The key is "doing it".

Dave Dougherty