Re: [OM] OT Bugs (Was Re: OM-1 zum Ausschlachten)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Bugs (Was Re: OM-1 zum Ausschlachten)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:11:43 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/01 6:25:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> And it was a real thrill when the heater boxes rusted out and started
>  sucking exhaust fumes into the car.....

I woke up once in my '62 bug doing 60 mph .... coming back ON the freeway
from an offramp/onramp just west of Cle Elum, WA I didn't know I had taken,
as the heater had very efficiently put me out cold.  I rolled the window
down, turned off the heater, and drove the rest of the way to Seattle that
way, over Snoqualmie Pass... in late fall.

Other than that, and the fact that the rubber gas line slipped off the
carburetor once, filling the engine compartment with gas, which ignited, in
the middle of an orchard... I loved that car.

Rich