Re: [OM] OM 4Ti Display problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 4Ti Display problem
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:46:44 +0200
Might be
1) old batteries
2) wrong batteries. SR 44/357 I believe works nice and even
3) loose bottomplate screws. Tighten with a small screwdriver. (John
H tipped me off about this, and it worked for me)
4) faulty circuits. NOT good.

I'm sure you'll get tons of more accurate advice from the others on
the list, but these are the things I would try first. (Not the
circuits, mind you...)

Henrik Dahl
Stockholm, Sweden

Hello all.

I have a "new" OM 4Ti that I have buy to a friend, with this problem
on the display.

If I work on "manual" with the speed of 250 and the aperture on f 8,
for instance, the display works properly with the led bars to the
250. ( All is perfect on this "manual" mode and some days ago I have
shot a complet Provia 100 F with perfect exposures. The first roll
of the camera).

If I set "auto" with this aperture f 8, the display bars go near
250, but every second the line of bars jumps until 1000 (almost 5 or
6 bars) . (As if I read a fluorescent light, but with more speed of
the bars).

I have not shot with the camera on auto but I guess the camera works
ok. (On this case near 250).

Thanks in advance for some idea.

Ángel Lobo.
CUENCA  ( SPAIN).