[OM] Re: 16/18/21

Subject: [OM] Re: 16/18/21
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:00:47 -0500
Interesting. Ages ago, I started out with the classic 24/2.8-50/3.5-100/2.8
combo, all SC. As I added lenses over the years, I got a 35-70/3.6, and
that, with a 200, remained my kit for many years. Then, I found a 35/2, and
several years later, I got the 18. I used it more and more. After several
more years, I got the 21/2. Now, I find myself using the 21 as my primary
ultra wide, and the 18 is used mainly indoors. The old 24 is almost never
used, but I haven't sold it, just because it isn't worth that much. Yes, the
16 is on my wish list, but down a few steps. When you are buying things
used, over time, the target of opportunity concept comes into play, but I
think the best combo, if I were buying all new, at one time, would be
16-21-28-50-etc. And yes, I've finally got the 28. Thanks, Tom, it is indeed
incredible!

Bill Pearce

> From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] 18 vs. 16
>
> I tend to agree that if I was only going to have one, I'd have the 18.
Just